Different Types of Cab Drivers I Have Met


Different Types of Cab Drivers

The title should have been – ‘Different types of cab drivers I have dealt with’ because this write up is completely based on what I have seen and felt while using the two popular cab services in India – Ola and Uber. I travel mostly by Ola so obviously I have a lot of stories of that particular cab service.



The Heartbroken Music Lover

Now, when you have to travel for more than one hour that too in Bangalore’s traffic and all you get to hear are songs that elucidate the pain of a heart break, it can be highly irritating. ‘Jeeta tha jiske liye, jiske liya marta tha, ik aisi ladki thi jise main pyaar karta tha’. (yes, I remember the song! Thank God it was not on repeat) All the glum songs crooned by Kumar Sanu! Not that I hate 90s songs but common yaar, it can make you gloomy after a point! Just imagine how my 1 hour trip would have been!!!!! An appeal to all music loving cab drivers: please stop playing such songs even if you have had a heart break because you can’t get things fixed by torturing the passengers like this!

The Know-It-All Chatter Box

Some cabbies are big time chatter boxes and they speak to other drivers over the phone. One person plugged in his hands-free and was speaking to glory with the other chap for a good one hour. Just imagine 1 hour of non-stop nonsense! Sitting behind I was wondering all the while how these people get the content to talk for hours together. By the time I reached my destination I was already tired!

The Rebel

After the episode of the cab driver speaking over the phone for too long I decided to put an end to it in my next ride. So, when I got into the cab and this person dialed his phone, I asked him to disconnect the call and concentrate on his driving. He said it is hands-free but this time I wasn’t ready for any excuse. He disconnected the call but after a few minutes again connected to another. I kept mum not because I didn’t have the courage to fight with him but because the ratings were in my hand and it was the first time ever that I gave a cab driver a one-star rating. Now let’s head over to a funnier rebel. He was playing video songs in the cab that I didn’t find interesting. So I decided to play my own songs on my phone (I had forgotten my earphones at home that day L). He switched off his video for a while but I guess he didn’t like my collection as he started playing the video songs again. At last I had to lose the game, stop playing my songs and sit back in a frustrated mood.

I usually come across the chatter boxes during my cab commute. It isn’t even funny anymore. You are heading to a place for some serious work and you can’t even have the peace of mind you deserve! Hey, I have booked the cab for my convenience and what do I get in return? Unprofessional and unpolished behaviour from the cab drivers!  

You can share your thoughts in the comment section below!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Food - Have you Thanked Your Mom Enough?

Are movies close to everyday life??

Are Dance Reality Shows Exploiting Kids?