Homemade Food - Have you Thanked Your Mom Enough?

Hey Everyone!

Well, I am back and I promise that I will be more regular in this space from now onward! Last night I had planned my entire Saturday. I wanted to go out and chill out in my own company but as you all know what one thinks cannot come true all the time! So yeah, I woke up at 11:00 am and I swear I was feeling very bad not just because waking up late is bad but also because I had messed the entire plan for the day.

Then it suddenly struck me 'Why don't I do something that I never do?'

To be honest guys, I never make the main dish for any meal. I can make round rotis and I generally do so every second day but taking the helm of the kitchen in my hands is not my cup of tea. So, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and make the sabzi today! I am a big fan of paneer and capsicum sabzi and that is why I set out to make it all by myself. I asked my mom for the recipe of course so that I don't go wrong anywhere.

I was slowly slicing all the veggies, and patiently making it all. All the while I was thinking that our moms fix meals for us every single day and we usually don't thank them enough for it. You can never get 'maa ke haath ka khana' (food cooked by mom) anywhere else. No matter how much you spend at expensive restaurants, the simplicity of a mom-made meal is unbeatable.



One request, whether you are a male or female, spend sometime with your mom in the kitchen and help her around (gender equality please!). She isn't asking for much. It will give her immense happiness to see her son or daughter taking interest in cooking and most importantly the willingness to spend time with her. I know weekdays are busy but a small gesture from your end on a weekend will put a smile on her face.

So, back to my sabzi, I had messed it up a bit but my mom instructed me how to rectify it and voila, my dish was ready. I made rotis along with it and served it to my mom and dad. The satisfactory smile on their face was enough to tell me that my hard work had borne fruit! I have decided that every Saturday I will cook something for my family and at the same time improve my culinary skills.

The little things in life make all the difference. Your life may not be perfect but there is always something to be grateful for. To those who compare their lives with others (even I do so guys! I am a human too!) remember that -

There is no comparison between the Sun and the Moon. They both shine when it is their time.

I remind myself of this quote whenever life pushes me down. It helps me rebuild my dreams and aspirations.

The Bottomline - Help your mom in the kitchen!

See you next time. Till then take care!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are movies close to everyday life??

Are Dance Reality Shows Exploiting Kids?