Let us become Environmental Crusaders

Let us do something for the planet!

Hi!

It is high time to save the planet. No, I am not saying this only because of Greta Thunberg. I grew up watching a cartoon series called Captain planet and the Planeteers where being eco-friendly and leading a sustainable lifestyle was always stressed upon. As a kid the betterment of Mother Earth was of importance to me and it still is. 

One question bothers me a lot. How come we humans are behaving as if we are the sole beings who have the right over the entire Earth? Aren't the trees and other living beings having an equal right over it? Can we do whatever we want? We call ourselves civilized, right? Please note that we have destroyed everything! India is being plagued with floods every now and then with major harm done to humans and their property. It is indeed saddening to see fellow humans suffer so much during floods but you think this is a natural calamity? In my opinion it is man-made. Who asked us to axe trees at such an accelerated rate? Yes, I agree that some of us are planting trees around but that won't help. Can you compensate for the huge loss in forest cover by planting a few trees? NO! Same goes for climate change! Humans have disheveled the whole planet! 

Well, I have vented out my anger and dismay over how we have ruined the whole ecological balance. However, I cannot deny the fact that I am also responsible for it! Today the situation is going out of hand but we still can do something. Here is what you and I can do to help save the planet:

  • Get rid of plastic


Were we using so much of plastic two decades ago? No, right? Every time you go shopping carry a cloth bag with you. Single use plastic has been banned in my state but still I see hawkers offering plastic carry bags to consumers. Refuse to accept these bags and carry your own wherever you go. Disposal of these bags is extremely harmful to the environment.

  • Save water

A lot of cities have zero ground water level and are in a very bad state. So, please use water wisely. You should keep it for the next generation or are you so selfish that you want to finish it all by yourself? Sorry for being so pungent but I can't help it as I am angry now! What I do is fill one bucket of water and take bath with that only. I try my best not fill more water. A few mugs of water saved in a day will help you in the long run. A shower is still better as you will be able to save more water. So, if you have been bathing with several buckets of water in a day, please stop doing so. Think about all those who are walking kilometers to fill just one pot of water!

  • Plant trees

It may sound cliched but please try to have at least a few trees in your garden. They serve as homes to so many animals. If you live in an apartment, please try to maintain a small green space in your balcony. You will be thrilled to see feathery visitors each day.

I know that this sounds like a long and boring lecture but I am quite upset by our wrong doings and this is the only way I know to express myself.

Pause and think dearies!
What will happen to the planet?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Food - Have you Thanked Your Mom Enough?

Are movies close to everyday life??

Are Dance Reality Shows Exploiting Kids?